The buying and selling process can be complex and involved many questions. How do you value the business? How do you market it? How do you negotiate with a potential buyer or seller? What are the tax consequences? What steps do you take to close the deal? These are just a few of the issues that must be addressed. All too frequently a business owner or buyer travels part way down the acquisition road without involving professionals with the result, at worst, of creating major problems and, at best, depriving themselves of the substantial benefits of preliminary professional analysis and planning. Our business lawyers have facilitated the purchase and sale of many businesses. They can help you with all of the issues that arise during the process, including:
- Organization of the professional team
- Decisions to buy or sell
- Preliminary planning on how to structure the acquisition
- Obtaining financing for a purchase
- Preliminary discussions with transaction partners
- Preparing and executing letters of intent
- Negotiating, drafting and executing purchase agreements
- Conducting a due diligence review of the relevant company information
- Document preparation
- Post-closing clean up
- Facilitated the marketing and sale of Johnstown area local pharmacy to national retailer pharmacy chain.
- Assisted physician buyout of center-city Philadelphia medical practice with multiple locations.
- Negotiated the formation of a joint venture and represented the group in the acquisition of an historic downtown Pittsburgh office building.
- Completed sale of longtime Pittsburgh restaurant including with co-branding arrangement between parties who will both continue to operate under same valuable brand.
- Counseled clients through the sale of a crane business and associated real estate that included various post-closing executory contracts.
Assisted several clients with purchases of bar/restaurants;
- Advised clients in several transactions involving the purchase or sale of national franchises including but not limited to Subway, SportsClips, Snap-On, Quaker Steak & Lube, Snap Fitness, 9Round, Contours Express, Curves, Pizza Outlet and UPS Stores.
- Negotiated buy-out of partners in a commercial trucking and warehouse business; assisted same client with subsequent sale of the business.
- Facilitated the sale of three funeral homes following a litigation settlement; transaction included assets and associated real estate.